Because you asked
MORE - BIBLE TRIVIA
The Old Testament in the New (III)
Here are still more passages from the New Testament,
each of them a quotation from the Old Testament.
Name the Old Testament book .(and, if you’re really sharp-----
chapter and verse) where the passage appears.
1. “Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree” (Galatians 3:13)
2. “The man that doeth them shall live in them” (Galatians 3:12)
3. “Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath a husband” (Galatians 4:2 7)
4. “Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the free woman” (Galatians 4:30)
5. “And [he] hath put all things under his feet” (Ephesians 1:22)
6. “And [he] came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh” (Ephesians 2:17)
7. “When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men” (Ephesians 4:8)
8. “Speak every man truth with his neighbor” (Ephesians 4:25)
9. “Be ye angry, and sin not” (Ephesians 4:26)
10. “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh” (Ephesians 5:3 1)
11. “Honor thy father and mother: which is the first commandment with promise; that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth” (Ephesians 6:2-3)
12. The Lord knoweth them that are his” (2 Timothy 2:19)
13. “Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee” (Hebrews 1:5)
14. “I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?” (Hebrews 1:5)
15. “Let all the angels of God worship him” (Hebrews 1:6)
16. “Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire”
* * * * * * *
The Old Testament in the New (III)
1 .Deuteronomy 2 1:23
2 .Leviticus 18:5
3. Isaiah 54:1
4 .Genesis 21:10
5 .Psalm 8:6
6 .Isaiah 57:19
7. Psalm 68:18
8 .Zechariah 8:16
9 .Psalm 4:4
10. Genesis 2:24
11. Deuteronomy 5:16
12. Numbers 16:15
13. Psalm 2:7
14.2 Samuel 7:14
15. Deuteronomy 32:43
16. Psalm 104:4
SCRIPTURE ON SCRIPTURE
1. According to Paul, who takes away the “veil” over the Old Testament?
2. What group of Christians examined the Scriptures every day to see if Paul was telling the truth?
3. To what young pastor did Paul address his famous words on the divine inspiration of all Scripture?
4. What apostle claimed that the prophets, in writing of the coming Christ, were writing for later generations?
5. Who told the Jews that the Scriptures had testified about him?
6. Where was Jesus when he taught two people how the prophets had predicted his death?
7. To what church did Paul say the Old Testament was written as a set of examples and warnings for the church?
8. In the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, what does Abraham say to the rich man who wants to keep his relatives out of hell?
9. To whom does the writer of Hebrews attribute Psalm 95?
10 What apostle claimed that no Scripture had come about through the prophet’s own efforts, but by God’s will?
11. In what epistle does Paul promote the public reading of Scripture?
12 To what foreign official did Philip teach the predictions Jesus contained in the Old Testament?
13 . In what gospel does Jesus say that the Scripture cannot be broken?
14. To whom did Peter and John attribute the words of David (Psalm 2)?
15. To whom did Jesus say “Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures” after they had posed a ridiculous riddle to him?
* * * * * * * *
Scripture on Scripture
1. Christ (2 Corinthians 3:14)
2. The Christians at Berea (Acts 17:11)
3. Timothy (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
4. Peter (1 Peter 1:10-12)
5. Jesus (John 5:39-40)
6. The road to Emmaus (Luke 24:25-27)
7. Corinth (1 Corinthians 10:11)
8. He tells him that the people have
Moses and the prophets (Luke
9. The Holy Spirit (Hebrews 3:7)
10. Peter (2 Peter 1:20)
11. l Timothy (4:13)
12. The Ethiopian eunuch (Acts 8:32-35)
13. John (10:35)
14. The Holy Spirit (Acts 4:25)
15. The Sadducees (Matthew 22:29)
Who Said That? (III)
1. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul; the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.
2. I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.
3. What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears,
and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?
4. Surely the Lord is in this place.
5. For in him we live, and move, and have our being.
6. Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
7. While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, Who can tell whether God will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
8. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
9. Within three days ye shall pass over this Jordan, to go in to z
possess the land, which the Lord your God giveth you to possess it.
10. This is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.
11. It was not you that sent me hither, but God; and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh.
12. Be sure your sin will find you out.
13. Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?
14. God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you.
15. Be thou strong, therefore, and show thyself a man; and keep the charge of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways.
16. Hear, 0 Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.
17. Lord, increase our faith.
18. 0 earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the Lord.
19 If a man die, shall he live again?
20. Lord, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power; help us, 0 Lord our God.
21. All things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.
* * * * * * *
Who Said That? (III)
1 Jonah (2 5)
2. Job (19:25)
3. Samuel (1 Samuel 15:14)
4. Jacob (Genesis 28:16)
5. Paul (Acts 17:28)
6. Stephen (Acts 7:59)
7. David (2 Samuel 12:22)
8. Ruth (1:17)
9. Joshua (1:11)
10. Jacob (Genesis 28:17)
11. Joseph (Genesis 45:8)
12. Moses (Numbers 32:23)
13. Abraham (Genesis 18:15)
14. Samuel (1 Samuel 12:23)
15. David (1 Kings 2:2-3)
16. Moses (Deuteronomy 6:4)
17. The disciples (Luke 17:5)
18. Jeremiah (22:29)
19. Job (14:14)
20. Asa (2 Chronicles 14:11)
21. David (1 Chronicles 29:14)
1. What two sinful cities were destroyed by fire and brimstone from heaven?
2. When the Israelites were wandering in the wilderness, what did they follow by night?
3. According to Daniel, this astonishing person had a throne like a fire of flame. Who was he?
4. What did the seraph touch the trembling Isaiah’s tongue with?
5. According to Revelation, where is the place reserved for those whose names are not in the book of life?
6. What did the cherubim use to guard the entrance to Eden?
7. How did God first appear to Moses?
8. What strange phenomenon accompanied the plague of hail in Egypt?
9. What mountain did the Lord descend upon in fire?
10. What two sons of Aaron were devoured by fire for making an improper offering to the Lord?
11. How did God deal with the Israelites who were complaining about their misfortunes in the wilderness?
12. What judge of Israel was visited by an angel whose staff caused meat and bread to be consumed by fire?
13. How did Elijah respond to an army captain’s summons to present himself to King Ahaziah?
14. What two men saw a chariot of fire drawn by horses of fire?
15. Where, in answer to Elijah’s prayer, did fire from the Lord consume both the sacrifice and the altar?
* * * * * * * *
1. Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:24)
2. A pillar of fire (Exodus 13:2 1)
3. The Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:9)
4. A live coal from the altar (Isaiah 6:6)
5. A lake of fire and brimstone (Revelation 20)
6. A flaming sword (Genesis 3:24)
7. In a burning bush that was not consumed (Exodus 3:2)
8. Fire that ran along the ground (Exodus 9:23)
9. Sinai (Exodus 19:18)
10. Nadab and Abihu (Leviticus 10:1-2)
11 His fire devoured them (Numbers 11:1-3)
12. Gideon (Judges 6:2 1)
13. He called down fire from heaven on
the captain and his men (2 Kings 1:9-12)
14. Elijah and Elisha (2 Kings 2:11)
15. Mount Carmel (1 Kings 18:16-40)
So Many Children
1. What judge had 70 sons?
2. Who is the first child mentioned in the Bible?
3. Who was Noah’s youngest son?
4. What king was the youngest of eight brothers?
5. Who was Joseph’s younger son?
6. Who is the youngest son of Adam mentioned by name?
7. Who were the first twins mentioned in the Bible?
8. Which disciple was probably a twin?
9. Who died giving birth to Benjamin?
10. Was the prodigal son the older or younger son?
11. What wicked king of Israel had 70 sons?
12. Who had 19 sons and 1 daughter by his legitimate wives? .i
13. Who was older, Moses or Aaron?
14. Who was Jacob’s youngest son?
15. Who was born first, Jacob or Esau?
16. What king of Judah had 28 ‘sons and 60 daughters?
17. What court prophet of David’s had 14 sons and 3 daughters?
18. What prophet spoke of a time of peace when a little child would lead the wild beasts?
19. Who made sacrifices in case any of his children had sinned?
20. Which epistle advises, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord”?
21. According to Malachi, who will come to turn the hearts of the children to their fathers?
22. What little-known judge of Israel had 30 sons?
23. Who did Paul advise that a bishop must be able to control his own children?
24. In which Gospel did Jesus predict that children rebelling against their parents would be a sign of the end times?
25. Which of the Ten Commandments states that children will be punished for their parents’ sins?
* * * * * *
So Many Children
1. Gideon (Judges 8:30)
2 .Cain (Genesis 4:1)
3. Ham (Genesis 9:18-24)
4. David (1 Samuel 17:12-14)
5. Ephraim (Genesis 41:51-52)
6. Seth (Genesis 4:25)
7. Jacob and Esau (Genesis 25:23-26)
8. Thomas (John 11:16)
9. Rachel (Genesis 35:16-18)
10. The younger (Luke 15:11-32)
11. Ahab (2 Kings 10:1)
12. David (1 Chronicles 3:1-9)
13. Aaron (Exodus 7:7)
14. Benjamin (Genesis 35:16-18)
15. Esau (Genesis 25:25-26)
16. Rehoboam (2 Chronicles 11:21)
17. Heman (1 Chronicles 25:5)
21. Elijah (Malachi 4:6)
22. lair (Judges 10:3-4)
24. Mark (13:12)~
25. The second (against graven images) (Exodus 20:4)
BIBLE TRIVIA - (The Complete Book of)
Copyrigh t @ 1988 by: J. Stephen Lang.
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Wheaton, Illinois
Return to the main menu..
Church of the Science of God
La Jolla, California 92038-3131
© Church of the Science of GOD, 1993