Appetizers & Dips
FRESH TOMATO SALSA
1. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
2. Cut into 1/4-inch dice and place in a glass bowl
3. Stir in remaining ingredients; toss well.
Serve within 4 hours for a great fresh taste
1. Remove the yellow yolks from each half — carefully try not to tear the whites apart.
2. Put the yolks in a small mixing bowl along with the remaining ingredients
3. Mix the yolks and other ingredients together
4. Stir with spoon until mixture is smooth.
4. Use a small spoon to scoop the yolk mixture into the egg halves.
5.Chill the deviled eggs for best results; keep them chilled until gone.
A sprinkle or two of ground cinnamon on the top will really set them off too.
1. Crumble cheese and add remaining ingredients: except oil.
2. Beat until fairly smooth
3. Slowly add oil, beating still, until smooth.
Especially good on lettuce wedges and tomatoes. Or, just tomatoes.
1. Whip cream in cold bowl until it forms soft peaks.
2. In a separate bowl: Combine the mayonnaise, horseradish and mustard
3. Using a rubber spatula, slowly, and carefully, fold in the whipped cream
4. Slowly add the sugar, salt & pepper
5. Stir well and transfer to a serving dish or bowl (makes 2 cups)
1. Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Reserving two pits, please.
2.Place avocado flesh in mixing bowl mash with fork until chunky (to your taste)
3. Add onion, garlic, lime juice, tomatoes, cilantro and tequilla
4. Stir gently to mix (gently so it remains chunky, remember)
5. Add salt and hot pepper sauce (Add more to taste if necessary upon tasting)
6. Transfer guacamole to serving bowl and bury to reserved avocado pits in the guacamole to keep it from turning brown. (Good idea each time you finish)
7. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it against the surface of guacamole.
8. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving
( LAYERED ) GUACAMOLE DIP
1. Spread 1 cup” Chunky Guacamole” in bottom shallow 10-inch bowl.
2. Top with 1 cup Jack cheese.
3. Spread 1 cup sour cream over cheese
4. Cover with half (about 1 cup) remaining guacamole
5. Sprinkle with half of tomatoes
6. Add layer of Cheddar cheese
7. Top with remaining tomatoes, 1 cup guacamole, 1 cup sour cream and ˝ cup jack cheese. Sprinkle olives over top now too. Help yourself!
FOUR ONION DIP
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat
2. Add, onions, leek, shallots and green onions and cook, stirring often (15 min)
3. Add, roasted garlic, cayenne, salt and Sherry vinegar
4. Reduce heat to low, cook (10 min), stirring occasionally
5. Transfer to bowl for cooling completely.
1. Combine cooled onion mixture with sour cream, chives and parsley
2. Taste----add more salt and/or cayenne if desired
3. Transfer to serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving time.
1. Thoroughly rinse clams in a colander under running cold water
2. Blend together, cream cheese and sour cream in large bowl.
3. Stir in parsley, shallots, chives, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce & cayenne
4. Gently fold in claims and taste
5. Season with salt and more lemon juice, to taste
5. Transfer to serving bowl.
6. Cover and refrigerate at - least 1 hour, to allow flavor to develop. (And it will)
Church of the Science of God
La Jolla, California 92038-3131
© Church of the Science of GOD, 1993