Our Favorite Recipes
Special French toast
Maple-toast & eggs
Blueberry creamy French toast
Bananas Foster French toast
Cinnamon French toast
Special French Toast
Oil for deep frying - 2 inches required
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 7 slices bread, hand sliced (3/4- inch-thick ) slices
cut in half diagonally
- Fruit, maple syrup, honey, etc.
1. Preheat oil to 375 degrees, in selected deep-fryer
2. In a shallow dish (or pie plate) make as batter of eggs, salt, cream and sugar
3. Working in batches as necessary,
dip one or two slices of bread into batter
4. Place in hot oil
5. Fry 1˝ minutes, or until golden brown
6. Remove toast from oil and drain on paper towel or napkin
7. Serve immediately – sprinkle with fruit, maple syrup, honey, etc.
MAPLE TOAST and EGGS
12 bacon strips, diced
- ˝ cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 slices firm-textured white bread
- 12 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
2. Remove it to paper towel to drain
3. In a small sauce pan, heat syrup and butter until butter is melted. Set aside.
4. Trim crusts from bread, flatten slices with rolling pin
5. Brush one side generously with syrup mixture
6. Press each slice into an ungreased muffin cup with syrup side out.
7. Divide bacon equally among muffin cups.
8. Carefully, break one egg into each cup.
9. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
10. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness.
Serve immediately, or sooner.
Meet the cook: Susan Buttel, Plattsburgh, New York
“My home’s in the country, right next to my sister and brother-in-laws. They and their two children all enjoy this dish each and every time I serve it as a special evening meal – although it can also be just as popular at breakfast time.
HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
Boring french fries and/or mashed potatoes got your taste buds down?
Then this spuds for you!
Give your family a treat with the “Top Secret Recipes” version of the Cracker Barrel’s Hash Browns. You can cook up this deliciously cheesy casserole at home by following the simple directions below.
1 (26-oz.) Bag country-style frozen hash browns potatoes
2 cups shredded Colby cheese
1/4 cup minced onion
1 cup milk
˝ cup beef stock (or canned broth)
2 tbsps. butter, melted
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
dash garlic powder
Preheat oven: 425 degrees F.
Combine: frozen hash browns, cheese, & onion in large bowl
Combine:(in another bowl:) milk, beef stock, ˝ melted butter, garlic powder,, salt, black pepper. Mix this one until well blended.
Pour this over hash browns (1st above) Mix well again.
Heat remaining ˝ melted butter in large oven-proof skillet.
Use high heat.
When skillet is hot; spoon in mixture
Cook hash browns, stirring occasionally
Cheese should be melted (about 7 minutes)
Put skillet in oven
Bake for 45-60 minutes (surface hash browns will be dark brown)
TOP SECRET RESTAURANT RECIPES by: Todd Wilbur
Copyright @ 1997 Plume, Division Penquin Group
Web site at: Top Secret Recipes
FROM: Jimmy Dean
Sara Lee Foods
1 pkg. regular flavor pork sausage
10 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups, milk
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups cubed bread
2 cups cheese, sharp, cheddar, shredded
˝ teaspoon fresh black pepper
˝ cup sliced mushrooms
1 tomato, medium sized, seeded & chopped
˝ cup thin-sliced onions, green
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Large skillet: cook sausage over medium heat.
Stirring frequently (until no longer pink)
In large bowl:
Combine eggs, milk, mustard, and salt
“A” Distribute half the bread (in a buttered 9"x13"x2" baking dish.)
Sprinkle: using half the pepper & half the cheese over the top
Top this with: half the sausage
Add: half of each optional ingredient.(mushroom, tomato, onions)
(Using your imagination also here.)
Repeat layering starting with “A” Distribute half the bread...............
When layering is finished. Pour egg mixture gently over top of casserole. (Remember, gently, please.)
Bake: 60 minutes, uncovered. (Eggs will be set up when finished.)
(Tent top with foil if browning too quickly for your taste)
Return to the recipe index..
Return to the Words of Wisdom index..
Church of the Science of God
La Jolla, California 92038-3131
© Church of the Science of GOD, 1993
Web Designed by WebDiva