BIBLE TRIVIA - MORE
26. What did Jesus have in common with the fish that swallowed Jonah?
27. How do we know Isaiah’s parents were good business people?
28. What kind of fur did Adam and Eve wear?
29. If Moses had dropped his rod in the Nile, what would it have become?
30. Since Methuselah was the oldest man in the Bible, why did he die before his father?
31. During what season did Eve eat the forbidden fruit?
32. What wage does not have any deductions?
33. What king mutilated sports equipment?
34. Who was the Bible’s straightest man?
35. Why couldn’t they play cards on Noah’s ark?
36. Why did poor Job land in bed with a cold?
37. Who was the first person to eat herself out of house and home?
38. What is the difference between Noah’s ark and an archbishop?
39. How do we know David was older than Goliath?
40. What is the moral of the story of Jonah and the great fish?
41. How are roller skates like the fruit in the Garden of Eden?
42. How did Jonah feel when swallowed by the great fish?
43. Who introduced salt meat into the navy?
44. What day in human life was longest?
45. What did Adam and Eve do when driven out of Eden?
46. Why couldn’t Adam and Eve gamble?
47. Who presented Adam with a walking stick?
48. Who, besides Adam and Melchizedek, had neither father nor mother?
49. Who slept five in a bed?
50. Why didn’t Moses take hornets into the ark?
51. Who was the first person to have surgery performed on him?
52. Why did the people on the ark think the horses were pessimistic?
53. What is often black, brown, or white, but should always be red?
54. How do we know Abraham was smart?
55. What is the first game mentioned in the Bible?
56. What son of Noah was a real clown?
26. Jesus had dinner with a sinner,
and the fish had a sinner for dinner. -
27. They both raised a prophet.
30. Enoch. his father, never died—he was taken into heaven.
31. Early in the fall
32. The wages of sin
33. “King Ahaz cut off the borders of the bases” (2 Kings 16:17)
34. Joseph—the pharaoh made a ruler of him.
35. Because Noah sat on the deck.
36. He had poor comforters.
38. One was a high ark; the other is a hierarch.
39. He rocked Goliath to sleep.
40. You can’t keep a good man down.
41. They come before the fall.
42. Down in the mouth
43. Noah, who took Ham into the ark
44. Adam’s first day—it had no eve.
45. They raised Cain.
46. God took their Paradise (pair o’ dice) away.
47. Eve—she presented him with a little Cain.
48. Joshua, the son of Nun
49. David, who slept with his forefathers
50. Moses didn’t go on the ark.
51. Adam—God removed one of his ribs.
52. They were always saying neigh.
53. The Bible
54. He knew a Lot.
55. Adam and Eve played hide-and-seek with God.
2.Where was Jesus when a handicapped man’s friends lowered him through the roof?
3. What grandson of Saul was crippled in both feet?
4. Which gospel mentions the healing of the man by the pool at Bethesda?
5. Whose servant did Jesus heal without even being physically near the man?
6. Who did Jesus heal in a synagogue on the sabbath?
7. Who healed the paralytic Aeneas?
8. What apostle healed the man in Lystra who had been crippled since birth?
9. What was the affliction of the man Jesus healed in a Galilean synagogue?
10.Who had so much faith in Jesus’ healing power that she touched the hem of his robe?
11. What blind man of Jericho did Jesus heal?
12. What was the affliction of the man at the pool of Siloam?
13.When Jesus healed the blind man of Bethsaida, what did the man say was the first thing he saw?
14.What person, suffering from deafness, was healed by Jesus after the disciples failed to heal?
15. What healing led to Jesus being accused of demon possession?
16. What patriarch became so blind he couldn’t tell his sons apart?
17. What sinful city entertained visitors that struck the men with blindness?
18. What priest, ninety-eight years old, was blind?
19. What army did Elisha strike with blindness?
20. What sorcerer, an opponent of Paul, was struck blind?
21. Who was blind for three days after seeing a great light?
22. What judge was blinded by the Philistines?
23. Who had King Zedekiah of Judah blinded?
24. What father of twelve sons was blind in his old age?
25. What did Jesus put in the eyes of blind man at the pooi of Siloam?
26. What blind prophet received the wife of King Jeroboam?
27. What book says that blind animals must not be sacrificed to God?
28. What righteous man claimed that he acted as eyes to the blind?
2. Capernaum (Mark 2:5-12)
3. Mephibosheth (2 Samuel 4:4)
4. John (5:8)
5. The centunon’s (Matthew 8:13)
6. A crippled woman (Luke 13:10-13)
7. Peter (Acts 9:33)
8. Paul (Ads 14:8)
9. He had a withered hand (Matthew 12:13)
10. The woman with the issue of blood (Matthew 9:22)
11. Bartimaeus (Matthew 20:34)
12. Blind from birth (John 9:7)
13. Men, who looked like trees walking (Mark 8:2 5)
14. The boy near Mount Hermon (Mark 9:25)
15. The healing of a mute man in Galilee (Luke 11:14)
16. Isaac (Genesis 27:1)
17. Sodom (Genesis 19:11)
18. Eli (1 Samuel 4:15)
19. The Syrians (2 Kings 6:18)
20. Eiymas (Acts 13:7-12)
21. Paul (Acts 9:9)
22. Samson (Judges 16:2 1)
23. Nebuchadnezzar (Jeremiah 39:7)
24. Jacob (Genesis 48:10)
25. Mud (John 9:1-7)
26. Ahijah (1 Kings 14:4)
27. Leviticus (22:22)
28. Job (29:15)
BACK FROM THE DEAD
1.What prominent leader of Israel was summoned up from the dead by a witch?
2.Eutychus, who died after falling out of a window during a sermon, was raised from the dead by whom?
3. What prophet revived the son of the Zarephath widow?
4. Who raised Dorcas from the dead?
5. What man of Bethany was raised from his tomb by Jesus?
6. A man came to life again when his body came into contact with the buried bones of what prophet?
7.What was the name of the town where Jesus raised a widow’s son from the dead?
8. Who did Elisha raise from the dead?
9.According to Matthew, what marvelous event occurred in conjunction with Jesus’ death on the cross?
10. Whose daughter did Jesus bring back to life?
1.What judge of Israel had his armor-bearer kill him so he would avoid the disgrace of being killed by a woman?
2.According to Matthew’s account, Judas committed suicide by hanging himself. How, according to Acts, did Judas die?
3. What wicked king committed suicide by burning down his palace?
4. What king killed himself by falling on his own sword?
5. What strong man killed himself along with a houseful of Philistines?
6.What friend of Absalom was so disgraced when Absalom did not follow his advice that he went and hanged himself?
7.Who refused to obey the king’s request to kill him, then followed the king in committing suicide?
Back from the Dead (Answers)
1. Samuel (1 Samuel 28:7-20)
2. Paul (Acts 20:9-10)
3. Elijah (1 Kings 17:17-22)
4. Peter (Acts 9:36-41)
5. Lazarus (John 11:1-44)
6. Elisha (2 Kings 13:20-2 1)
7. Nain (Luke 7:11-15)
8. The son of the Shunammite woman (2 Kings 4:32-35)
9. Many holy people came out of their graves (Matthew 27:52-53)
10. Jairus’ (Luke 8:41-42, 49-55)
Seven Suicides (Answers)
1. Abimelech, who had a millstone dropped on his head by a woman of
Thebez (Judges 9:54)
2. He fell headlong in a field and burst open (Acts 1:18)
3. Zimn (1 Kings 16:18)
4. Saul (1 Samuel 3 1:5)
5. Samson (Judges 16:30)
6. Ahithophel (2 Samuel 17:23)
7. Saul’s armor-bearer (1 Samuel 31:5)
STRANGE WAYS TO DIE
1. Who is the first individual who is killed by God for being wicked?
2.What devoured Aaron’s sons, Nadab and Abihu, when they offered “strange fire” to the Lord?
3.What Canaanite captain was killed when Jael, a Hebrew woman, drove a tent peg through his skull?
4. Who was killed for touching the ark of the covenant?
5.The Lord sent a pestilence on Israel that killed 70,000 people. What act of King David brought this on?
6.God sent fire from heaven to kill the soldiers who came to capture what prophet?
7.What husband and wife dropped dead after it was revealed they had lied about the price of the possessions they had sold?
8. Who was hanged on the very gallows he had prepared for Mordecai?
9. What people were killed by great hailstones from heaven?
10.Who, along with his household, was swallowed up by the earth for rebelling against Moses?
11.What man, reluctant to produce children with his widowed sister-in-law, was slain by God?
12. What two cities were rained on by fire and brimstone?
13.What did God do when the Israelites began to complain about the death of Korah and his followers?
14. What was the last plague sent upon the Egyptians?
15.What son of Saul was murdered by two servants who stabbed him in the belly and carried his severed head to David?
Strange Ways to Die (Answers)
1. Er (Genesis 38:7)
2. Fire from God (Leviticus 10:1-2)
3. Sisera (Judges 4:18-2 1)
4. Uzzah (2 Samuel 6:6-7)
5. He numbered the people of Israel (2 Samuel 24:1-5)
6. Elijah (2 Kings 1:10, 12)
7. Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-10)
8. Haman (Esther 7:10—8:2)
9. Arnorites (Joshua 10:8-14)
10. Korah (Numbers 16)
11. Onan (Genesis 38:9-10)
12. Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:24-25)
13. He sent a plague that killed 14,700 Israelites (Numbers 16:41-50)
14. The death of the firstborn (Exodus 12:29)
15. lshbosheth, slain by Recab and Baanah (2 Samuel 4:5-8)
SWEET, SOUR , BITTER, POISON
1. What prophet ate a book and found it sweet?
2. According to Jeremiah, what kind of grape sets the children’s teeth on edge?
3.What kind of herbs were the Israelites supposed to eat with the Passover meal?
4. Who posed a riddle about finding something sweet in a lion’s carcass?
5.According to Jesus after the Resurrection, what would his followers be able to drink?
6.What substance—probably very bitter—did Moses make the people of Israel drink?
7. Who ate a book that was sweet at first but turned bitter afterwards?
8. According to Proverbs, what kind of water is sweet?
9. What sweet substance was part of John the Baptist’s diet?
10. What prophet made some poison stew edible by pouring meal into it?
11. According to Proverbs, what kind of bread is sweet to a man?
12. What did Moses do to make the bitter waters of Marah drinkable?
13. Who told the repentant people of Israel to go home and enjoy sweet drinks?
14. In Revelation, what falls on the earth’s waters to make them bitter?
15.According to Proverbs, what sort of person thinks even bitter things are sweet?
9. In what Italian city was Paul met by Christians from Rome?
10. What city is usually mentioned as the southern limit of Israel?
11. In what Greek city did Silas and Timothy stay while Paul went on to Athens?
12. What city was home to Mary, Martha, and Lazarus?
13. What city was the site of Jacob’s famous dream?
14. What city was the birthplace of both David and Jesus?
15. What seaport in Asia did Paul walk to from Troas?
16. In what city did Paul address some of the most brilliant men of his time?
17. What famous city had Nebuchadnezzar as a ruler?
18. What Israelite city was built by Oinri as his capital?
19. What Asian city was the fifth of the seven churches mentioned by John?
20. In what Canaanite city were Joseph’s bones finally laid to rest?
21. What city was the home of Peter, Andrew, and Philip?
22. Where was Cornelius converted?
23. Near what city did Peter profess his faith in Jesus?
24. Where did Jesus perform his first miracle?
25. Where did Jesus stay when John the Baptist was in prison?
26. What city was home to Philemon?
27. What sinful Greek city had a church that received two letters from Paul?
28. In what Syrian city did Paul have his sight restored at the hands of Ananias?
29. What city, usually grouped with Iconium and Lystra, did Paul visit on his first and third missionary journeys?
30. What Asian city did Paul avoid so he could hurry back to Jerusalem?
31. What ancient city is associated with Joshua and the blowing of trumpets?
32. Where did Jonah board a ship bound for Tarshish?
33. What was Solomon’s seaport at the head of the Gulf of Elath?
34. What Philistine city was home to Goliath?
35. What Philistine city did Amos curse for its slave trade with Edom?
9. Appii Forum (Acts 28:15)
11. Berea (Acts 17:10-14)
12. Bethany (John 11)
13. Bethel (Genesis 28:10-22)
15. Assos (Acts 20:13-14)
16. Athens (Acts 17)
17. Babylon (2 Kings 25)
18. Samaria (1 Kings 16:23-24)
19. Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6)
20. Shechem (Joshua 24:32)
21. Bethsaida (John 1)
22. Caesarea (Acts 10:24-48)
23. Caesarea Philippi (Matthew 16:13-18)
24. Cana (John 2:1-11)
25. Capernaum (Matthew 4:12-13)
26. Colossae (Colossians 4:9)
28. Damascus (Acts 9)
29. Derbe (Acts 14:20)
30. Ephesus (Acts 19)
31. Jericho (Joshua 6)
32. Joppa (Jonah 1:3)
33. Ezion-Geber (1 Kings 9:26)
34. Gath (1 Samuel 17:4)
35. Gaza (Amos 1:6-7)
BLOWING IN THE WIND
1. What Old Testament book speaks of life as a “chasing after the wind”?
2.Where were the disciples when they heard a noise that sounded like a mighty wind filling the house they had gathered in?
3. Who had a dream of seven heads of grain being scorched by a hot east wind?
4. What loathsome creatures did God drive into Egypt with an east wind?
5. What prophet was told to cut off his hair and scatter a third of it in the wind?
6. How long did the wind that parted the Red Sea blow?
7. According to James, what sort of person is like a wave tossed by the wind?
8.What prophet experienced a furious wind that split the hills and shattered the rocks?
9.Whose children were destroyed when a strong wind struck the house they were banqueting in?
10.According to the Book of Job, what directional wind will inevitably strike down the wicked?
11.What epistle compares false teachers to rainless clouds blown about by the wind?
12.According to Psalms, what sort of people are like chaff that the wind blows away?
13. Who did God address from a whirlwind?
14.According to Jesus, what sort of man sees his house fall when the winds beat against it?
15. What was blown out of Egypt by a strong west wind?
16.Who had a dream about a statue that crumbled into dust that was driven away by the wind?
17. What prophet spoke of people who sow a wind and reap a whirlwind?
18. What runaway boarded a ship that the Lord struck with a strong wind?
19.What prophet suffered from a hot east wind after his shade plant was eaten by a worm?
20. Who lost faith and began to flounder when he noticed the strong wind on a lake?
BLOWING IN THE WIND (Answers)
1. Ecclesiastes (chapters 1 and 2)
2. Jerusalem (Acts 2:2)
3. Pharaoh (Genesis 4 1:6)
4. Locusts (Exodus 10:13)
5. Ezekiel (5:2)
6. All night (Exodus 14:2 1)
7. A doubter (James 1:6)
8. Elijah (1 Kings 19:11)
9. Job’s (Job 1:19)
10. East (Job27:21)
11. Jude (12)
12. The wicked (Psalm 1:4)
13. Job (38:1)
14. The toolish man who builds on the sand (Matthew 7:26 27)
15. Locusts (Exodus 10:19)
16. Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 2:35)
17. Hoses (8:7)
18. Jonah (1:4)
19. Jonah (4:8)
20. Peter (Matthew 14:30)
SOME AMAZING ANIMALS
1. What four creatures did God send as plagues upon the Egyptians?
2. What venomous creature bit Paul on the hand but did not harm him?
3. What did Jesus use to feed the five thousand?
4. Where did Jesus send the legion of unclean spirits he had cast out of a man?
5. What did Peter find with a coin in its mouth?
6.What did God send to destroy the vine that shaded the sulking prophet Jonah?
7.When children laughed at Elisha for his baldness, what appeared that mauled the children?
8. What croaking birds fed Elijah in his solitude by the brook Cherith?
9.What two animals owned by the Philistines carried the ark of the covenant back to Israel?
10. What foreign prophet had a talking donkey to ride on?
11. What bird served as food for the Israelites in the wilderness?
12.What animals, considered rather loathsome in Bible times, ate the carcass of Jezebel?
13. What did God provide as a sacrifice in substitute for Isaac?
14. What miraculous animals parted Elijah and Elisha as Elijah
was taken by a whirlwind into heaven?
THE VERY DEVIL
1.According to Jude’s epistle, who disputed with Satan over the body of Moses?
2. What animal does 1 Peter compare Satan to?
3. In what epistle does Peter refer to Satan as “the god of this world”?
4. What, according to the New Testament, is the final place for Satan?
5. In what Gospel does Jesus refer to Satan as “the prince of this world”?
6. What is Satan the father of?
7.What prophet spoke of the fallen Lucifer, usually taken to refer to Satan as a fallen angel?
8.According to the parable of the sower, what happens when someone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it?
9.According to John’s Gospel, Satan was from the very beginning both a liar and a __________________________
10.In what epistle does Paul call Satan the “spirit that worketh in the children of disobedience”?
11. What Gospel uses the name Beelzebub?
12.What book of the Bible speaks of the demonic fiend Abaddon and Apollyon, both names for Satan?
13.What apostle spoke of the contrast between Christ and Belial (presumably another name for the devil)?
14.What prophet spoke of “weeping for the king of lyre” in a passage that has traditionally been interpreted as referring to Satan instead of a human king?
15.In Luke’s Gospel, Jesus refers to seeing the fall of Satan. What does he compare the fall to?
16. Who did Satan provoke to do a census in Israel?
17. What disciple did Satan enter into?
18. What disciple was told by Jesus that Satan wanted to sift him like wheat?
The Ver y Devil (Answers)
1. The archangel Michael (Jude 9)
2. A roaring lion (1 Peter 5:8)
3. 2 Corinthians (4:4)
4. A lake of fire and brimstone (Revelation 20:10)
5. John (14:30; 16:11)
6. Lies (John 8:44)
7. Isaiah (14:12)
8.The wicked one (Satan) snatches from the heart what was sown (Matfhew 13:19)
9. A murderer (John 8:44)
10. Ephesians (2:2)
11. Matthew (12:24)
12. Revelation (9:11)
13. Paul (2 Corinthians 6:15)
14. Ezekiel (28:11-19)
15. Ughtning (Luke 10:18)
16. David (1 Chronicles 2 1:1)
17. Judas Iscanot (Luke 22:3-4)
18. Peter (Luke 22:3 1)
Return to the main menu..
Church of the Science of God
La Jolla, California 92038-3131
© Church of the Science of GOD, 1993